Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The whole weekend ahead, no fishing in sight?

After checking the weather forecasts, it seems that I will spend my weekend tying flies and checking my equipment. Water levels have slowly started to rise, but the incoming gale from the North-West will do the trick once again. This is one of the longest periods of northern wind I can recall.

And it's not just the low waters but the expected wind speeds from 15 to 25 meters per second can really mess up the water in coastal areas and it will take a while to get it all settled up again. But on the other hand, it tears off the dying plant life from the bottom so the fishing should be good for the rest of the season if the weather just stays bearable after that.

Well time to fill my fly boxes with something new...

No comments:

Post a Comment